- Program Organizer, Bridging the Gap Between Privacy by Design and Privacy in Practice, CHI, May 2016
- Program Organizer, Privacy By Design: Privacy Enabling Design, Computing Community Consortium, May 2015
- Committee Member, The Future of Networked Privacy: Challenges and Opportunities, CSCW Workshop, 2015
- Committee Member, Measuring Networked Privacy, CSCW Workshop, 2013
- Reconciling Privacy with Social Media – CSCW 2012, Seattle, WA.
- Program Organizer, Security User Studies: Methodologies and Best Practices, CHI Workshop, 2007
Invited Talks and Panels
- “A Supermajority of Californians Support Limits on Law Enforcement Access to Cell Phone Location Information,” given at the 37th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy (TPRC), September 26, 2008, George Mason University, Alexandria, VA.
- “Where’s the Beep? Security, Privacy, and User Misunderstandings of RFID,” given at “Pay On The Go: Consumers and Contactless Payment,” Federal Trade Commission Town Hall Meeting, July 24, 2008, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- “The State of CCTV in the United States,” given at the 3rd Annual Surveillance and Society Conference “InVisibilities: The Practice and Experience of Surveillance in Everyday Life,” April 3, 2008, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England, UK.
- Panelist, “CCTV: Developing Privacy Best Practices,” Department of Homeland Security Workshop, December 17-18, 2007, Alexandria, VA.
- “Sensors as Disruptive Technology: Guidelines for Future Development,” given at the IBM Sensor Day, October 2007, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA.
- “Embedded RFID and Everyday Things: A Case Study of the Security and Privacy Risks of the U.S. e-Passport,” given at the IEEE International Conference on RFID, March 2007, Grapevine, TX.
- “RFID: A Case Study of the Risks and Benefits of Location-Aware Technologies,” given at the O’Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 8, 2006, San Diego, CA.
Honors and Service
- California State Advisory Board on Mobile Privacy Policies, 2012
- Selected leading paper, Future of Privacy Forum’s Privacy Papers for Policy Makers, 2010 and 2012
- California State RFID Advisory Board, 2008
- Reviewer, CSCW, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013
- Reviewer, International Workshop on Privacy Engineering – IWPE 2016
- Reviewer, CHI, 2014
- Reviewer, IEEE RFID 2012